Do you want to work for a Top 50 ASX listed business that is transforming the property market of Australia?
At GPT we are passionate about creating spaces that go beyond the expectations of our investors, customers and communities. We create value through our focus on strategic investment and management of high quality shopping centres, office towers, logistics centres and business parks and proudly own a number of prime assets across Australia.
You will be an astute and commercial minded senior property accountant who is keenly interested in both the performance of your role and bringing your own flair to GPT. You will partner closely with GPT stakeholders and engage them to drive strong positive financial outcomes for the company.
As Senior Property Accountant your key responsibilities will include:
- Provide all reporting on time per the monthly finance timetable
- Prepare the month end workbooks including accruals, base rent reconciliations and other income workbooks in line with AIFRS standards
- Provide variance analysis of actual spend against budget/forecast and comments on year to date performance of the assets
- Administer the capital expenditure workbook and process including, review of actuals to budget/forecast, accruals and set up and closure of jobs as advised
- Build key stakeholder relationships internally and externally across the business.
- Complete balance sheet reconciliations with appropriate detail and explanation of balances
- Investigation and commentary on aged or unusual accruals, purchase orders or financial transactions as outlined in the standard operating procedures to ensure compliance/comply with financial controls
- Process any other month end adjustments as instructed by the Divisional Finance Manager
- Manage the calculation of outgoings wash-ups and accruals, forecasted outgoings adjustments and preparation of statements and tenant communications
- Assist in forecasting and budgeting process, reviewing source data for base rent reconciliation, letup schedules/leasing/vacancy reporting, operating expenses, capital expenditure, other income, outgoings shortfall and casual mall leasing
- Maintain forecasting model assumptions including entry and maintenance of house views, leasing profiles, operating expenses contracts, outgoings scenarios and cost pools and capital expenditure.
- Provide forecast reports to the Divisional Finance Manager for review, commentary and discussion with the management team.
- Prepare aged debtors reporting and process adjustments as instructed including provisions and debt write offs.
What will make you stand out?
To make you stand out from the crowd your skills and experience will ideally meet the below selection criteria.
- 4+ years of experience in property accounting or similar
- Degree (Bachelor of Commerce or equivalent)
- CA/CPA qualified (or near completion)
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multi-task, plan and manage tight deadlines
What makes us stand out?
- Awarded Employer of Choice 2018
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Broad spectrum of diverse and challenging career opportunities available across the organisation
- Investment in your personal development and future career aspirations
- Flexible work options available to all GPT employees
- Competitive remuneration packages and employee benefits
To apply for this job please visit career10.successfactors.com.