AECOM Construction Services have a wide portfolio of projects across Australia, including major Infrastructure, Defence, Aviation, Education and Healthcare. We are currently looking to fill a key and influential Project and Commercial Management position to work on one of the most complex civil infrastructure projects in Melbourne.
At AECOM Construction Services we work closely with our clients to provide tailor-made Construction and Project Management solutions to meet specified client requirements. Our services can range from setting up a PMO from concept, seconding a specialist Project Manager to “parachute in” and assist a client in delivering a key project or developing more efficient project controls through our wealth of experience in project and construction management systems.
This is a role which would suit a proven Project Manager with strong contract administration and management experience in order to work proficiently in a client and contractor-facing project environment across one of Melbourne’s major infrastructure projects.
This is your opportunity to step in to a thriving AECOM group as a proven Project Manager with a passion for stakeholder engagement and an understanding of contract and risk management.
You will work in our Construction Services team and assist our major projects team in the delivery and success of a major infrastructure project. As a proven Project and Commercial Manager you will work as a key point of contact for the client, contractors and our internal AECOM consultants across governance and emerging issues; contract and commercial management; client engagement and financial/risk management.
Some key responsibilities of a proven Project & Commercial Manager will include;
- Review the IR Obligations Register in the Monitoring Plan and extract a schedule of the IR’s rights and obligations under the IR DoA and Sub-IR DoA, including required contractual notifications (except those related to technical aspects of IR’s role)
- Assist IR Representative and management team with fulfilling IR contractual requirements
- Set-up and maintain cost control processes that manage the project budget, cashflow, and variation claims for AECOM and all sub-consultants (including change register)
- Develop and implement a procedure for dealing with official change requests from the State, and draft template letters and response pro-forma
- Work with the project team to gather information to provide a baseline of the IR’s scope, against which changes can be identified, and compliance can be tracked
- Assist with tracking against VIPP/MPSG obligations
- Assist with ensuring all IR obligations are complete during the IR’s contract close-out
- Develop cost s-curves that compare planned, earned and actuals, for analysis and reporting purposes, as well as CPI/SPI charts
- Regularly monitor project progress, review profitability metrics (average cost/sell rates, labour/salary multipliers, margin %’s etc.), and update the EAC
- Set-up and participate in reoccurring Commercial Review meetings with project leadership to discuss technical issues/challenges that may have a commercial impact (i.e. potential changes) and provide a commercial update on the project
- Maintain a culture of integrity in timesheet reporting, and generally review whether staff are accurately recording time on their timesheets.
To be successful in this role it is essential that you are a proven Project Manager, with an excellent ability to engage and negotiate with stakeholders in a fast-paced project environment and a demonstrated ability in Commercial and Financial aspects of major civil construction projects.
The core attributes of a suitable candidate for this role would have the following profile;
- Relevant tertiary degree in Construction/Engineering coupled with Commercial/Contract Management exposure
- Ideally 12 years’ experience across major civil infrastructure projects
- Demonstrated ability to lead contractual and commercial functions on a major project
- Ability to negotiate favourable outcomes in a tough environment in a collaborative manner with contract parties, including subcontractors
- Ideally exposure or strong understanding of D&C, PPP and Construct Only contracts
- Forward-thinking and well organised Project Manager with confidence in major project delivery
- Strong commercial acumen and demonstrated ability to apply commercial practices that lead to profitable outcomes
- Proven background in tracking costs and progress against project timelines
- Proactive, with excellent interpersonal skills, communication and writing skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering – Construction
Business Line Construction Services
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 200885BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit aecom.jobs.