Work Type: Full Time
Salary: $54,000 – $58,000 (depending on experience)
Location: Western Suburbs
Located in Western Suburbs Melbourne, VIC, we have an Accounting firm seeking to hire a knowledgeable and reliable individual for this career opportunity. The right candidate must have some experience with Australian tax, knows how to complete an audit, experience with bookkeeping, able to write client reports and has the right attitude to adapt to our client needs.
Make a positive impact in an organisation that values you and your contributions! In addition to being a member of an elite team of industry-recognised professionals, you will enjoy a growing, fast-paced organisation that offers ongoing commitment to professional development, and career growth opportunities.
The position reports directly to the Manager.
Environment and Contacts:
Internal: All staff members and management within its offices.
External: Clients, corporate companies.
As directed by the Manager or otherwise within the scope of the role.
This critical position is responsible for the accuracy and maintenance of the accounting system and records with applicable corporate policies, procedures, industry accounting standards and tax compliance.
- Establish and maintain table of accounts and assign entries to proper accounts in accordance to company policies and procedures.
- Perform the day-to-day data entry and functions for accounts payable, accounts receivable, purchase orders, and cash management; include reconciling ledgers and finance reports.
- Reconcile or report discrepancies found in records; prepare adjusting entries for approval.
- Support period closing processes (bank reconciliation, month-end, year-end).
- Prepare, record and maintain accounting records, tax returns, financial reporting documents, or other financial reports to maintain accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Communicate effectively with staff, all management levels, and clients.
- Administer multiple tasks and meet deadlines for marketing campaigns.
- Maintain internal control systems.
- 2 to 3 years experience in the same or similar position
- Proficiency in MS Office Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in enterprise-wide accounting system
- Working knowledge of basic Australian payroll processes
- A confidential, professional, diplomatic demeanour.
Degree in Accounting; CPA preferred
$54,000-$58,000 gross to be reviewed every 12 months with view for increase – increases will be based on company profit after expenses.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org