Work Type: Full Time
Salary: $75,000 – $80,000 (depending on experience)
Location: Tullamarine Victoria
Located in Tullamarine, VIC, our employer of choice is seeking to hire a knowledgeable and reliable individual for this career opportunity. The right candidate must have some experience in civil projects, building on existing internal and external client relationships. You will also be a team player, with a strong sense of commitment and the desire to work in a dynamic and challenging environment.
Enabled to make a positive impact in an organisation that values you and your contributions! Whilst being a driven and influential individual, you will play an integral role in the projects as part of an experienced team. You will enjoy a growing, fast-paced organisation that offers ongoing commitment to professional development, and career growth opportunities.
The position reports directly to the Manager.
Environment and Contacts:
Internal: All staff members and management within M1 Group Engineering and its offices.
External: Internal and External Clients.
As directed by the Manager or otherwise within the scope of the role.
- Overall responsibility for capital works projects and maintenance programs including estimating, quality control, budgeting, programming, WHS, environmental , management, daily costing, on site auditing, raising work orders, approving work orders, variations, monitoring expenditure and forecasting.
- Consult and/or negotiate with others in relation to capital works and maintenance programs.
- Contribute to the development of the forward Capital Works and Maintenance Programs. This includes the ongoing review of programs and where necessary seeking additional funding.
- Supervise Works Supervisors and provide guidance, technical support and advice when required.
- Lead and manage construction and maintenance teams through Works Supervisors for the effective, efficient and competitive delivery of the Department’s works programs within agreed budgets, time frames and quality frameworks.
- Ensure the application of project management techniques, civil engineering standards and relevant documentation.
- Extensive experience in the coordination of the competitive delivery of maintenance and construction services for roads, bridges and drainage systems within financial constraints while operating across a diverse organisation..
- Demonstrated knowledge of the professional and legislative requirements within the scope of the role, including current Engineering Standards and commitment to Quality and Environmental Management Principles.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that include the ability to support and coordinate multi discipline groups, influence stakeholders, resolve conflict and negotiate suitable outcomes.
- Well-developed written communication skills, including the ability to prepare reports.
- Experience in developing project estimates / scheduling.
- Demonstrated ability to provide sound engineering solutions to resolve issues.
- Demonstrated experience in budget management.
Bachelor Degree in civil related major
Full Time, 9am to 5pm
$75,000 to-$80,000 gross to be reviewed every 12 months with view for increase – increases will be based on company profit after expenses.
Interested applicants should include a cover letter addressing the qualities listed above, as well as your current CV, emailed to [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org